Genetics Appointment
Last Thursday I headed up to Doernbecher's with all 4 kids. Cory had to work. I survived the adventure. Friday morning was an appointment with genetics.
Thank you Kimber and David for letting Owen and Alyssa come spend the night, I really appreciate it.
I didn't sleep the greatest because I was dealing with Evan and Emma and my mind wouldn't shut off enough to actually get lots of sleep. I kept thinking about what they would say at the appointment.
The appointment was talking about a lot of Medical background history. Evan did have his blood drawn. They were testing his creatine Kinase, and 7 DHC to test for Smith-Lemli Opitz. He is going to have a Renal ultrasound, Also need to follow up with a Urologist for the surgeries that he had when he was younger. And then they wanted to see Evan and Emma in a year. They aren't going to test Emma, unless there is something abnormal from Evan's tests.
We did get a result back. The Creatine Kinase test came back normal.
Creatine kinase is an enzyme found in the heart, brain, skeletal muscle, and other tissues. Increased amounts of CK are released into the blood when there is muscle damage. The small amount of CK that is normally in the blood comes primarily from skeletal muscles.
I will post more later this week when we found out the result of the other blood test, Smith-Lemli Opitz
Thank you Kimber and David for letting Owen and Alyssa come spend the night, I really appreciate it.
I didn't sleep the greatest because I was dealing with Evan and Emma and my mind wouldn't shut off enough to actually get lots of sleep. I kept thinking about what they would say at the appointment.
The appointment was talking about a lot of Medical background history. Evan did have his blood drawn. They were testing his creatine Kinase, and 7 DHC to test for Smith-Lemli Opitz. He is going to have a Renal ultrasound, Also need to follow up with a Urologist for the surgeries that he had when he was younger. And then they wanted to see Evan and Emma in a year. They aren't going to test Emma, unless there is something abnormal from Evan's tests.
We did get a result back. The Creatine Kinase test came back normal.
Creatine kinase is an enzyme found in the heart, brain, skeletal muscle, and other tissues. Increased amounts of CK are released into the blood when there is muscle damage. The small amount of CK that is normally in the blood comes primarily from skeletal muscles.
I will post more later this week when we found out the result of the other blood test, Smith-Lemli Opitz
Comments