Emma Lou Strasser----C-Section
Well yesterday we got a new addition to our family. Last week I was diagnosed with mild preclampsia. So this week I was suppose to take it easy as much as possible and drink lots of water. The past couple of days my blood pressure was starting to go higher. Yesterday when I went in and they took my blood pressure and it was 160/107, and after that reading they had my lay on my left side for 4 minutes and than they took another reading which I can't remember what the reading was but it was lower.
Than the doctor came in and did the ultrasound and saw the the fluid level was low. Basically the placenta had stopped working. So that's when he decided to do the c-section. I ended up calling the middle school and I told them it's an emergency, and they let Cory go, he only missed one class, and took today and yesterday off. So glad the people he works with are really nice.
Cory went home and figured out a babysitter for the kids, and the neighbor picked up Alyssa from school. And the kids stayed with the neighbors until Shar got into town.
So the c-section was at 5:00 in the afternoon and Emma was born at 5:43.
Weight: 5lbs 5 oz
Length: 19 inches
Head: 13 inches
Chest:12 inches
Well here are some pictures:
Than the doctor came in and did the ultrasound and saw the the fluid level was low. Basically the placenta had stopped working. So that's when he decided to do the c-section. I ended up calling the middle school and I told them it's an emergency, and they let Cory go, he only missed one class, and took today and yesterday off. So glad the people he works with are really nice.
Cory went home and figured out a babysitter for the kids, and the neighbor picked up Alyssa from school. And the kids stayed with the neighbors until Shar got into town.
So the c-section was at 5:00 in the afternoon and Emma was born at 5:43.
Weight: 5lbs 5 oz
Length: 19 inches
Head: 13 inches
Chest:12 inches
Well here are some pictures:
cutting the umbilical cord while I am still in the Operating Room.
Having a first bath
Comments