My day with my sick Evan

Last night Evan woke up at 10:30 and he felt extremely hot. Cory took his temperature and it was 102. He slept until 7 this morning and his temperature was 101. After about an hour and a half after giving him some Tylenol,  his fever dropped down to 100. I called the advice nurse to see if there was anything else I should be doing for him, and a message was sent to the nurse.  I waited another 4 hours and took his temperature and it was back up to 102.
The nurse called back and said since he was a preemie that I should probably bring him in to be looked at.   His temperature was taken at the appointment and it was 97.6  The doctor listened to his chest and was watching his breathing. His breathing was like a puffing breathing. Evan has a small infection in his lungs that was caught early. He had an antibiotic shot and is starting antibiotics today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EEG Evan

A little update