Delivery Of Owen (Part 1)

So on Monday I woke up and my water was leaking. I went to the doctor around 10:30 that morning. The doctor did a slide and finalized that it was in fact leaking. So I checked into the hospital. Alyssa went with my mom while I was in labor. She didn't want to leave though. So the doctor broke my water at around 1:30. The contractions started up naturally which I was hoping for, they were about 3-5 minutes apart. I was walking around, did the exercise ball, and also got into the tub. So I did that up until about 6:00. The contractions were on top of each other and I was not getting any rest in between and I didn't think I was going to have energy to push, so I got an epidural. I could still feel the contractions, but I wanted more energy to push. I was trying not to have to get one.
At 8:15 I started pushing. He was faced in the wrong direction and the doctor was turning him, which didn't feel good even more. So He was born at 8:44. Cory was really impressed of how I was pushing.
Pictures before my water was broke.

Comments

Janie said…
He is beautiful!!! Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

EEG Evan

A little update